If you have sustained serious personal injuries in a motor vehicle accident in Birmingham, Alabama, you may need skilled legal representation to help you win your case. A specialized motor vehicle accident lawyer at Petro Law Firm can discuss the facts and circumstances of your case with you, negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf, and litigate your case through the Alabama court system, if necessary.
Find out what everyone should know before talking to the insurance adjuster, hiring an attorney or signing any forms. Request a FREE copy of Mr. Petro’s book: The Truth About Personal Injury Claims In Alabama: Secrets The Insurance Companies Don’t Want You To Know.
“Mark Petro was a Godsend. We had a great professional relationship. He always exhibited a personal interest in me which I found refreshing. I have recommended Petro law to a friend and given the opportunity will do so again.” Ronald C.
Yes, You Could Be Entitled to Compensation
Motor vehicle accidents occur every day in Birmingham Alabama, and a knowledgeable car accident lawyer may be able to assist you with your case. It goes without saying that when car accidents happen, serious injuries can result. The causes of Alabama motor vehicle accidents range from poor weather conditions to driver negligence. Whatever the cause, however, it is often not the injured victim who is at fault.
Types of Motor Vehicle Accident Cases
Petro Law Firm can represent you in any of the following types of motor vehicle accident cases:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Construction zone accidents
- Multi-vehicle collisions
- Truck accidents
- 18 Wheeler accdents
- Car rollover cases
- Accidents where the at fault driver is uninsured
- Accidents where the at fault driver has low limits in insurance coverage
If you have been a victim of any of these types of accidents, don’t hesitate to reach out. Contact Petro Law Firm at (205) 529 2212 for a free initial consultation with an experienced car accident lawyer.
Steps to Take Following a Motor Vehicle Accident
If you have been the victim of a Birmingham car accident, you should take the following steps:
- Remain at the scene of the accident until the police tell you it is safe to leave.
- Call 9-1-1 (i.e. police and paramedics).
- Exchange insurance information with all of the other drivers who were involved in the accident.
- Never admit full or partial responsibility to anyone at the accident scene.
- Take pictures of the accident scene and property damage (both to your vehicle and any other vehicles involved in the collision).
- If you are injured it is important that you seek immediate follow-up medical care at a hospital or urgent care facility. Do not delay seeking medical treatment.
- Be clear and concise about your injuries, pain levels, and symptoms when discussing them with police, EMTs, and emergency room personnel. It is important that you never exaggerate your injuries and that you never downplay your injuries. Always be truthful.
- Follow through with all of the emergency room doctor’s treatment recommendations, including seeking additional medical treatment and/or following up with a specialist or primary care physician.
- Treat thoroughly and consistently for your injuries. Do not over-treat and be sure to avoid long gaps in treatment. Always follow your doctor’s orders. Do not “discharge yourself” from care at a treatment facility.
Answers to the Top 7 Questions About Car Accident Cases in Alabama
- “Is it possible to settle on my own?” – Yes you can, but the truth is you should speak to an attorney about your case, especially if you have been seriously injured in an accident. We will be glad to provide you with free information that you will need to help you make this decision. Keep in mind, Insurance companies are big businesses that make big profits off of collecting more money in premiums than what they pay out in claims. To the big Insurance company you are just a number. The big Insurance company is not looking out for your best interest. It is looking out for its bottom line.
- “Should I speak with the Insurance Adjuster?” -Yes you can, but make sure you are informed about your facts. Keep in mind, anything you say to an Insurance Adjuster can be used against you in your claim.
- “Should I sign the Medical Records Release for the Insurance Adjuster?” – Yes you can, but keep in mind if you will be allowing them to see confidential medical records.
- “What is Contributory Negligence in a car accident case?” – Alabama has a harsh 1% Rule. If you are at fault 1% you will not have a case. It is essential that you find an attorney that will be honest with you about this 1% Rule.
- “Who will pay my medical bills until my case settles?” – If you have health insurance it is important that you submit your medical bills to the health insurance company. Insist that the healthcare providers bill your own health insurance company. You may also have med pay coverage with your own automobile insurance company that provides some coverage for medical bills. If you don’t have health insurance or med pay coverage arrange with the medical providers to hold off on their collection efforts until after the case is resolved. Avoid your medical bills going into collection. This will hurt your credit rating.
- What if my car is totaled and the insurance company doesn’t offer me enough to pay off what is owed on my car? Under Alabama law, if your car is totaled you are only entitled to property damage compensation in the amount of the fair market value of the car immediately before the wreck. The law does not take into account what is owed on the car. If the car is repairable you are entitled to receive property damage compensation in the amount of the reasonable repair cost.
- What are lost wages? It is the money you lost because you were unable to work after the wreck due to your injuries. It is important to keep written notes of the days and hours that you miss from work. You are entitled to be reimbursed for your lost wages.
Contact a Birmingham, Alabama Car Accident Lawyer Today for a Free Initial Consultation
If you have sustained serious injuries in a Birmingham motor vehicle accident, a car accident lawyer from Petro Law Firm can file a claim on your behalf. We will fight to obtain a favorable settlement offer from the insurance company. If a good settlement offer is not forthcoming, our lawyers are not afraid to litigate your case or take it to trial. You may not even need a lawyer for your legal issue, but we are here to help.
Petro Law Firm in Birmingham, AL is ready and willing to advocate for you throughout your personal injury case. You can contact a car accident lawyer at our firm by calling (205) 327-8311 for a free initial consultation.
REQUEST YOUR FREE MOTORCYCLE RIDER VIP CARD
The Petro Law Firm RIDER VIP CARD provides:
- 24 – Hour Accident Hotline
- No Recovery – No Fee For Motorcycle Personal Injury Claims
- FREE Representation For Motorcycle Property Damage Claims
- FREE Legal Advise to your motorcycle organization
- FREE Home & Hospital Visits
- FREE Insurance Policy Review