If you have sustained serious personal injuries in a motor vehicle accident in Birmingham, Alabama, you may need skilled legal representation to help you win your case. A specialized motor vehicle accident lawyer at Petro Law Firm can discuss the facts and circumstances of your case with you, negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf, and litigate your case through the Alabama court system, if necessary.
Yes, You Could Be Entitled to Compensation
Motor vehicle accidents occur every day in Birmingham Alabama, and a knowledgeable car accident lawyer may be able to assist you with your case. It goes without saying that when car accidents happen, serious injuries can result. The causes of Alabama motor vehicle accidents range from poor weather conditions to driver negligence. Whatever the cause, however, it is often not the injured victim who is at fault.
Types of Motor Vehicle Accident Cases
Petro Law Firm can represent you in any of the following types of motor vehicle accident cases:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Construction zone accidents
- Multi-vehicle collisions
- Truck accidents
- 18 Wheeler accdents
- Car rollover cases
- Accidents where the at fault driver is uninsured
- Accidents where the at fault driver has low limits in insurance coverage
If you have been a victim of any of these types of accidents, don’t hesitate to reach out. Contact Petro Law Firm at (205) 529 2212 for a free initial consultation with an experienced car accident lawyer.
Steps to Take Following a Car Accident
If you have been the victim of a Birmingham car accident, you should take the following steps:
- Remain at the scene of the accident until the police tell you it is safe to leave.
- Call 9-1-1 (i.e. police and paramedics).
- Exchange insurance information with all of the other drivers who were involved in the accident.
- Never admit full or partial responsibility to anyone at the accident scene.
- Take pictures of the accident scene and property damage (both to your vehicle and any other vehicles involved in the collision).
- Seek immediate follow-up medical care at a hospital or urgent care facility.
- Be clear and concise about your injuries, pain levels, and symptoms when discussing them with police, EMTs, and emergency room personnel.
- Consult with a personal injury lawyer after seeking emergency medical treatment.
- Follow through with all of the emergency room doctor’s treatment recommendations, including seeking additional medical treatment and/or following up with a specialist or primary care physician.
- Treat thoroughly, consistently, and conservatively for your injuries. Do not over-treat and be sure to avoid long gaps in treatment. Do not “discharge yourself” from care at a treatment facility.
A knowledgeable car accident lawyer at Petro Law Firm may be able to refer you to a specific health care provider for medical treatment or for a permanency evaluation. Contact us today for a FREE case evaluation.
Answers to the Top 5 Questions About Car Accident Cases in Alabama
- “Is it possible to settle on my own?” – Yes you can, but the truth is you should speak to an attorney about your case, especially if you have been seriously injured in an accident.
- “Should I speak with the Insurance Adjuster?” -Yes you can, but make sure you are informed about your facts. Keep in mind, anything you say to an Insurance Adjuster can be used against you in your claim.
- “Should I sign the Medical Records Release for the Insurance Adjuster?” – Yes you can, but keep in mind if you will be allowing them to see confidential medical records.
- “What is Contributory Negligence in a car accident case?” – Alabama has a harsh 1% Rule. If you are at fault 1% you will not have a case. It is essential that you find an attorney that will be honest with you about this 1% Rule.
- “Who will pay my medical bills until my case settles?” – If you have health insurance submit you medical bills to the health insurance company. If you don’t have health insurance arrange with the medical providers to hold off on their collection efforts until after the case is resolved. Avoid your medical bills going into collection. This with hurt your credit rating.
Contact a Birmingham, Alabama Car Accident Lawyer Today for a Free Initial Consultation
If you have sustained serious injuries in a Birmingham motor vehicle accident, a car accident lawyer from Petro Law Firm can file a claim on your behalf. We will fight to obtain a favorable settlement offer from the insurance company. If a good settlement offer is not forthcoming, our lawyers are not afraid to litigate your case or take it to trial. You may not even need a lawyer for your legal issue, but we are here to help.
Petro Law Firm in Birmingham, AL is ready and willing to advocate for you throughout your personal injury case. You can contact a car accident lawyer at our firm by calling (205) 327-8311 for a free initial consultation.