If you have sustained personal injuries in an accident in Birmingham, Alabama, you may need skilled legal representation to help you win your case. A specialized car accident lawyer at Petro Law Firm can discuss the facts and circumstances of your case with you, negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf, and litigate your case through the Alabama court system, if necessary.
Yes, You Could Be Entitled to Compensation
Car accidents occur every day in Birmingham Alabama, and a knowledgeable car accident lawyer may be able to assist you with your case. It goes without saying that when car accidents happen, serious injuries can result. The causes of Alabama car accidents range from poor weather conditions to driver negligence. Whatever the cause, however, it is often not the injured victim who is at fault.
Types of Car Accident Cases
Petro Law Firm can represent you in any of the following types of car accident cases:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Construction zone accidents
- Multi-vehicle collisions
- Truck accidents
- Truck rollover cases
- Uninsured motorist accidents
- Underinsured motorist cases
If you have been a victim of any of these types of accidents, don’t hesitate to reach out. Contact Petro Law Firm at (205) 529 2212 for a free initial consultation with an experienced car accident lawyer.
Steps to Take Following a Car Accident
If you have been the victim of a Birmingham car accident, you should take the following steps:
- Remain at the scene of the accident until the police tell you it is safe to leave.
- Call 9-1-1 (i.e. police and paramedics).
- Exchange insurance information with all of the other drivers who were involved in the accident.
- Never admit full or partial responsibility to anyone at the accident scene.
- Take pictures of the accident scene and property damage (both to your vehicle and any other vehicles involved in the collision).
- Seek immediate follow-up medical care at a hospital or urgent care facility.
- Be clear and concise about your injuries, pain levels, and symptoms when discussing them with police, EMTs, and emergency room personnel.
- Consult with a personal injury lawyer after seeking emergency medical treatment.
- Follow through with all of the emergency room doctor’s treatment recommendations, including seeking additional medical treatment and/or following up with a specialist or primary care physician.
- Treat thoroughly, consistently, and conservatively for your injuries. Do not over-treat and be sure to avoid long gaps in treatment. Do not “discharge yourself” from care at a treatment facility.
A knowledgeable car accident lawyer at Petro Law Firm may be able to refer you to a specific health care provider for medical treatment or for a permanency evaluation. Contact us today for a FREE case evaluation.
The Importance of Expert Witnesses
Expert witnesses are individuals who have specialized knowledge, education, training, or experience in a particular field and who can testify at trial or prepare reports in advance of trial. Experts can investigate a car accident – especially in cases where the insurance company is challenging or denying liability (i.e. fault). Petro Law Firm utilizes objective evidence and expert witnesses to win your case. Beneficial experts in car accident cases our firm references include the following:
- Certified accident reconstructionists
- Accident investigators
- Biochemical engineers
- Highway design engineers
- Human factor experts
A car accident lawyer at Petro Law Firm can retain the necessary expert(s) to investigate your personal injury case and potentially increase its value. Talk to us about a free case evaluation.
Contact a Birmingham, Alabama Car Accident Lawyer Today for a Free Initial Consultation
If you have sustained injuries in a Birmingham motor vehicle accident, a car accident lawyer from Petro Law Firm can file a claim on your behalf. We will fight to obtain a favorable settlement offer from the insurance company. If a good settlement offer is not forthcoming, our lawyers are not afraid to litigate your case or take it to trial.
Petro Law Firm in Birmingham, AL is ready and willing to advocate for you throughout your personal injury case. You can contact a car accident lawyer at our firm by calling (205) 327-8311 for a free initial consultation.