Suffering an injury or death due to a defective product is unthinkable. Unfortunately though, there are numerous defective products released into the market place every day. Under product liability law, manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, retailers and others who make products available to the public are held responsible for any injuries those products cause. The three major types of product liability claims involve: manufacturing defect, design defect, and failure to warn. To see if your situation qualifies, enlist the help of a product liability attorney.
If you find yourself or a loved one affected by the damage of a defective product, talk to an experienced attorney. Mark Petro is an experienced product liability attorney in Birmingham, AL. With clients all throughout the Birmingham area, Petro Law Firm, P.C. can assist you with your product liability claim.
What Type of Products Can Be Considered Defective?
Any type of product can be considered defective if it does not function properly and physical harm is caused as a result. Some common examples of defective products include:
- Baby products
- Industrial equipment
- Contaminated food
- Defective vehicles (cars, trucks, etc.)
- Prescribed medications
- Over-the-counter medications
- Household appliances
- Flammable clothing
- Medical devices
If you or a loved one has been injured or worse as a result of a defective product, contact Petro Law Firm, L.C. today. Product liability attorney Mark Petro has over 28 years of legal experience and is AV rated. In addition, he is well-known throughout Birmingham for his efficiency and track record of getting many clients to recover compensation sooner.
What Qualifies as a Product Liability Case?
A qualifying product liability case arises when a manufacturer, distributor or related party/company has released a product to the public which causes personal injury to a person as a result of the product’s defective condition. If this situation occurs, speak to a product liability attorney. Mark Petro will work to ensure that your case stands a chance and that you are set up for recovery.
What Types of Product Liability Exist?
There are normally four types of product liability:
- Products with defects as a result of poor design
- A defect due to a mistake in the manufacturing of the product
- Releasing an unreasonably dangerous product to the public
- Marketing the product inaccurately and that marketing leads to the product being used incorrectly
Attorney Mark Petro has been assisting clients in Birmingham, Alabama for over 28 years and has the knowledge needed to assist you in your product liability matter. Call (205) 327-8311 today for a free case evaluation.
Why Do I Need a Product Liability Attorney?
Product liability cases are some of the most contested type of legal actions and are also very difficult to recover damages from. These cases are complex and intricate and require an aggressive product liability attorney. Here are some of the challenges that come with product liability claims:
- They are more costly than most other legal actions.
- Defendants in such cases are usually large companies, and have vast resources to fight any claim.
- Product liability cases present complex scientific and engineering questions which can require the use of experts.
- Product liability attorneys will have to conduct large amounts of research in order to understand the complexity of the case.
- Testimony from an expert is normally required.
Product liability cases are very complex and require a knowledgeable attorney in order to be successful. Mark Petro is a product liability attorney in Birmingham, AL who has the experience and pedigree needed to stand up to these big companies.
Hire an Accomplished and Experienced Product Liability Attorney
With decades of experience assisting injured clients with their recoveries, Mark Petro is ready to help you get back on your feet after dealing with injuries. If you or someone you love has been injured or worse due to a defective product, contact Mark Petro today.
Recent Hot Topics in Product Liability Laws:
- Prescription Drugs:
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy
- Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs)- Nexium, Prilosec, Prevacid
- Xarelto/ Eliquis/ Pardaxa
- Medical Products
- Attune Knee Replacements
- Physiomesh, Atrium C Qur, Other Hernia Mesh Products
- IVC Filters
- Bone Cement
- Metal-on-Metal Hip Implants
- Consumer Products Products:
- Talcum Powder/Ovarian Cancer
- E-Cigarette Explosions and Fires
- Roundup/ Glosphosate Litigation
- Automobile Defects:
- Defective Tires
- Sudden Unintended Acceleration
- Fuel Fed Fires
- Takata Airbags
- Door Latch
- Seat Belts
- Weak Roofs and Roof Crash