Suffering a serious injury or death due to a defective product is unthinkable. Unfortunately though, there are numerous defective products released into the market place every day. Under product liability law, manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, retailers and others who make products available to the public are held responsible for any injuries those products cause. The three major types of product liability claims involve: manufacturing defect, design defect, and failure to warn. To see if your situation qualifies, enlist the help of a product liability attorney.
If you find yourself or a loved one affected by the damage of a defective product, talk to an experienced attorney. Mark Petro is an experienced product liability attorney in Birmingham, AL. With clients all throughout the Birmingham area, Petro Law Firm, P.C. can assist you with your product liability claim.
What Type of Products Can Be Considered Defective?
Any type of product can be considered defective if it does not function properly and physical harm is caused as a result. Some common examples of defective products include:
- Baby products
- Industrial equipment
- Contaminated food
- Defective vehicles (cars, trucks, etc.)
- Prescribed medications
- Over-the-counter medications
- Household appliances
- Flammable clothing
- Medical devices
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured or worse died as a result of a defective product, contact Petro Law Firm, L.C. today for a complimentary, 20 minute Product Liability Strategy Session. A $200 value. Attorney Mark Petro has over 28 years of legal experience and is AV rated. In addition, he is well-known throughout Birmingham for his efficiency and track record of getting many clients to recover compensation sooner.
What Qualifies as a Product Liability Case?
A qualifying product liability case arises when a manufacturer, distributor or related party/company has released a product to the public which causes personal injury to a person as a result of the product’s defective condition. If this situation occurs, speak to a product liability attorney. Mark Petro will work to ensure that your case stands a chance and that you are set up for recovery.
What Types of Product Liability Exist?
There are normally four types of product liability:
- Products with defects as a result of poor design
- A defect due to a mistake in the manufacturing of the product
- Releasing an unreasonably dangerous product to the public
- Marketing the product inaccurately and that marketing leads to the product being used incorrectly
Attorney Mark Petro has been assisting clients in Birmingham, Alabama for over 28 years and has the knowledge needed to assist you in your product liability matter. Call (205) 327-8311 today for a Complimentary, 20 Minute, Product Liability Strategy Session. A $200 value.
Why Do I Need a Product Liability Attorney?
Product liability cases are some of the most contested type of legal actions and are also very difficult to recover damages from. These cases are complex and intricate and require an aggressive product liability attorney. Here are some of the challenges that come with product liability claims:
- They are more costly than most other legal actions.
- Defendants in such cases are usually large companies, and have vast resources to fight any claim.
- Product liability cases present complex scientific and engineering questions which can require the use of experts.
- Product liability attorneys will have to conduct large amounts of research in order to understand the complexity of the case.
- Testimony from an expert is normally required.
Product liability cases are very complex and require a knowledgeable attorney in order to be successful. Mark Petro is a product liability attorney in Birmingham, AL who has the experience and pedigree needed to stand up to these big companies.
Hire an Accomplished and Experienced Product Liability Attorney
With decades of experience assisting injured clients with their recoveries, Mark Petro is ready to help you get back on your feet after dealing with injuries. If you or someone you love has been injured or worse due to a defective product, contact Mark Petro today.
Recent Hot Topics in Product Liability Laws:
- Prescription Drugs:
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy– Linked to an increased risk of death, heart attack, and stroke.
- Proton Pump Inhibitors– Acid reducing PPIs like Nexium, Prilosec, Prevacid,, Protonix, and Dexilant have been linked to severe kidney disease.
- Invokana– Type II diabetes treatment linked to Ketoacidosis- Where too much acid is in the blood.
- Xarelto– Blood thinner linked to serious bleeding risks.
- Taxotere– A chemotherapy drug linked to permanent hair loss.
- Risperdal– An antipsychotic drug linked to gynecomastia- a condition where boys and young men grow breasts.
- Actemra– A rheumatoid arthritis drug linked to heart failure, heart attack, stroke, pancreatitis, and interstitial lung disease.
- Medical Products
- Attune Knee Replacement– Linked to revision surgery due to loosening and failure.
- Physiomesh– Used for hernia repair and is linked to high rates of complications, including hernia recurrence.
- IVC Filters– Implanted to catch blood clots. They are prone to migration, fracture, and perforation and are linked to injuries and death.
- Bone Cement– High Viscosity cement used in knee replacement surgery that has been linked to loosening, debonding and revision surgery.
- Consumer Products Products:
- Talcum Powder– Talc products used regularly in the genital area is found to increase the risk of Ovarian Cancer.
- Roundup– Commercial grade Roundup is linked to Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma.
- Dicamba– An agricultural herbicide prone to drift off-target and is linked to significant damage to soybean and other crops.
- Automobile Defects:
- Defective Tires
- Sudden Unintended Acceleration
- Fuel Fed Fires
- Takata Airbags
- Door Latch
- Seat Belts
- Weak Roofs and Roof Crash